Please remember, our maximum party size is 6 persons, we will not allow a party larger than 6, if you are trying to book for more than this number by booking multiple tables, you will be refused service. This is inline with government advice & that we do not have tables larger than 6 available, Please see our "Booking Policy" which is below.
Children are not permitted at Oyster Creek Kitchen after 7pm, our children's menu is not served after 5:30pm
Oyster Creek Kitchen is a family-run restaurant relying upon bookings being honoured by our guests or sufficient notice being given of any required changes to reservations, we reserve the right to charge £10 per cover for no-shows without prior notice of at least 6hrs.
We therefore kindly request that diners give us notification if a cancellation or an amendment is required:
For tables of 1-5 guests we request 12 hours’ notice of cancellation or amendment wherever possible.
For tables with 6 or more diners we require 48 hours’ notice of cancellation or amendment.
We politely ask that you are ready to be seated at your time of booking or contact us if you are running late.
We hold tables for 15 minutes and will release it if we have not been contacted.
To ensure that we can cater for you appropriately, please notify us of any dietary requirements prior to your visit.
Due to our limited space we do not allow pushchairs or prams inside the restaurant
We have very limited space for drinks only "bar" bookings, please let the team aware using the requests section of your booking to enable us to seat you conveniently.
When booking for our garden / bar or lounge area please be advised these are outside areas and may be closed at short notice due to inclement weather, we may not be able to seat you inside if fully booked. If you would like to change your booking please advise us using the online form or contact the restaurant
- Your booking is for a maximum of 2hrs
- Alcohol can only be served with a main meal
- Children are not permitted at Oyster Creek Kitchen after 7pm, our childrens menu is not served after 5:30pm
- We reserve the right to refuse entry/service without reason
- Maximum party size is 6 people.
- You must remain seated at all times & face coverings must be worn throughout the venue unless you are seated & eating / drinking (unless you are exempt).
- You agree that you are making your booking inline with current government guidance on mixing of households and social distance regulations
Location & Hours
The Sun Shelter, 6 Western Esplanade, Southend on Sea
Open Wednesday to Friday 12pm to 10pm
Saturday & Sunday 12pm to 11pm